Monday, August 26, 2019
Happy Birthday today to Jayla Foster!
Students, please return your technology use forms and emergency contact updates as soon as possible. After September 6th, your online accounts will be closed if you do not have your technology form signed and turned in.
Most of the lockers have been repaired. If your locker still isn't working, please stop by the Main Office and Mrs. Marshall will help you. There is no repair for top lockers that are sticking, so please just pry them open as well as you can.
Students who are driving to school will need a parking sticker. If you already have a parking sticker, you do not need to get a new one. You will keep your current sticker until you graduate. However, if you just started driving to school, please stop by and pick up a parking pass application in the Main Office.
Calling actors one and all! The Choir Program would like to invite any CHS student to come audition for their Renaissance Dinner Theater Play, "Madrigal Dinner". This is a fun-filled evening with a comedic renaissance play, audience participation, traditional carols, choral performances and a full meal. They need actors for their short play during dinner. Auditions will be held in the choir room Wednesday from 3-4:30 PM. No experience or preparation necessary! Please see Mrs. Doubblestein for questions about auditions!
Our fall student picture day is Wednesday. All students, including seniors, are asked to get their picture taken even if they do not wish to purchase any pictures so we have them for your student IDs and the yearbook.
Students who wish to sign out for Mosque on Fridays: Please pick up a form from the Main Office or Attendance Office, complete it, and return it to Mrs. Kinsey. You must have a form on file in order to sign out on Fridays for Mosque.
Students interested in taking drivers education: Coach B's driving school has posted the 2019-20 class calendar online at coachbsdrivingschool.com. Class calendars are in Mr. Stevens's room as well. Remember: Register now to guarantee a spot in the upcoming classes.
There will be a meeting for all students who are taking a college class this semester today at 10:15 AM in the Library.
All juniors are invited to work on Homecoming activities at 40 Parkhurst this Friday from 10 AM-1 PM. Everyone is welcome!
Representative from the following colleges and universities will be here on the following dates. Interested juniors and seniors should sign up in the Guidance Office at least one day before the scheduled visit:
- October 10: Albion College
- October 18: University of Michigan
- November 5: Trine University, 8 AM in the Library
- Varsity Boys Tennis vs. Bronson, 4 PM at Coldwater Tennis Center
- JV Volleyball at Bronson Quad, 6 PM; bus leaves at 4:45 PM
- Tuesday, August 27
- Varsity Girls Swimming at Portage Central, 6 PM
- Wednesday, August 28
- Varsity Girls Golf at Hastings Jamboree, 3:30 PM at Legacy Golf Course; bus leaves at 12:30 PM; please dismiss team members at 12:15 PM
- Varsity Boys Tennis at Three Rivers, 4 PM
- JV/Varsity Boys Soccer vs. Gull Lake (JV at 5 PM, Varsity at 6:30 PM)
- JV Football vs. Haslett, 6 PM
- Thursday, August 29
- Varsity Football vs. Haslett, 7 PM
- Friday, August 30 & September 6, 9 AM, 1 PM, 4 PM, & 8 PM: CHS Commencement Exercises, recorded June 2, 2019
CCStv, the Coldwater Community Schools access channel, can be seen on Spectrum channel 189 and CBPU SkitterTV channel 60. DVD copies for $15 each can be ordered by calling the CCStv office at 517-279-5910 extension 2152.