At Coldwater High School we believe that sportsmanship is very important - not only for our athletes, but for our fans as well. As you watch a sporting event, please observe the following guidelines as set forth by the Michigan High School Athletic Association:
- Applause during the introduction of players, coaches and officials.
- Acceptance of the decisions of officials.
- Cheerleaders leading fans in positive cheers in a positive manner.
- Treating competition as a game, not as a war.
- Applause at end of contest for performances of all participants.
- Showing concern for an injured player, regardless of team affiliation.
- Encouragement of other spectators to display only sportsmanlike conduct.
- As spectators during outside athletic events, males and females will be allowed to paint their stomachs. Females will be allowed to tuck their shirts under the undergarments and boys to go shirtless. This does not apply for any/all inside athletic events.
- Taunting, trash talk, and other intimidating actions.
- Acceptance of poor sportsmanship on the part of nearby spectators.
- Disrespectful or derogatory cheers, chants, songs, or gestures.
- Booing or heckling an official's decision.
- Verbal criticism of officials and/or displays of temper toward an official.
- Cheers meant to antagonize opponents.
- Blaming loss of game on officials, coaches, or participants.
- Use of profanity or displays of anger that draw attention away from the game.
- The wearing of clothing or face/body painting meant to mock or ridicule an opponent.
- The intrusion of spectators on the playing surface.