January 24, 2020
5th Grade Field Trip - May 20th
Our 5th Graders are scheduled to visit the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village in Dearborn on Wednesday, May 20. The first payment is due this coming Thursday, January 30th. The payment schedule for the trip is:
- Thursday, January 30th (Students: $23, Parents: $24)
- Friday, Feb. 28th (Students: $23, Parents: $24)
- Thursday, April 16th (Students: $24, Parents: $24)
5th Grade Field Trip - Fundraiser
5th Graders will be selling candy bars to help offset the cost of their trip to Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village. Permission slips to sell the candy bars were sent home last week. The sale will run from Jan. 20th-Feb. 14th.
Making a Difference
Please join in and nominate a staff member who you believe makes a difference in the life of a student with an IEP. You can nominate a staff member from now until February 7th. Nomination forms are available on our main Branch ISD website at https://branch-isd.org or pick up a form in the office. Thank you for your participation.
Saturday, March 14th will be our 2020 Science Olympiad at Bronson Junior/Senior High School. Olympiad packets are in the Friday Folders. Registration forms need to be filled out at returned to homeroom teachers no later than Friday, January 31st. *Late forms cannot be accepted*
Readers are Leaders T-Shirts
We will be selling Readers are Leaders T-shirts again. Shirts are available in youth and adult sizes, and cost $10. Please make checks out to Lakeland Elementary.
All students go out for recess every day, as long as the temperature/wind chill is 10º or above. Please be sure your child is dressed appropriately for the weather each day.
Valentine's Day Parties
This year’s classroom Valentine's Day parties will be Friday, February 14th from 10:45-11:45 AM. Please reach out to your child's teacher for details.
- Jan. 30: 5th Grade Trip - first payment due
- Jan. 31: Popcorn Friday
- Feb. 3: Bible Release
- Feb. 7: Lakeland Readers Are Leaders Book Distribution/Popcorn Friday
- Feb. 12: Count Day
- Feb. 14: HALF-DAY of School - 11:45 AM dismissal; Valentine's Class Parties, 10:45-11:45 AM
- Feb. 17: NO SCHOOL - Presidents Day
- Feb. 19: Hungry Howie's Night
- Feb. 21: Popcorn Friday
- Feb. 28: 5th Grade Trip payment due ($23 student/$24 parent)