May 28, 2019
BandTastic! Concert May 28 - TONIGHT!!
Current 4th graders that have signed up for 5th Grade band will have their first concert on Tuesday, May 28 at 6:30 PM at Coldwater High School.
4th Grade Challenge 5 Pool Party - New Date!
4th Graders that met the Challenge 5 requirements for the year and returned a permission slip will be going to the Aquatic Center tomorrow - Wednesday, May 29. They will leave Lakeland at 9:10 AM and return at 11:10 AM. Please remember your swim suit, a towel, and a plastic bag for your wet items after swimming.
4th Grade End-of-Year Field Trip - May 30
Thursday, May 30 - going to NCG Coldwater Cinemas, Browne Recreation Center, and Browne Aquatic Center. The cost is $10 per child. Students will need a swim suit, towel, and plastic bag for their wet items after swimming. Students will also need to bring a sack lunch if they didn't pre-order one from the cafeteria last week.
Last Day of School is Friday, May 31!
We will dismiss for the year at 11:45 AM on Friday, May 31. Our building will be closing at noon; please be sure to have a ride available for your child, so all students are safe. Thank you for a great year - see you in August!
All medications not picked up by an adult by noon on May 31 will be disposed of at the Branch Sheriff's Office. This includes both prescription and over-the-counter medications.
Lost and Found items not claimed by noon on May 31 will be donated to charity.
Transition to 6th Grade Program - August 12
Mark your calendars for August 12, 2019. Students going in to 6th Grade in the fall will have the opportunity to tour Legg Middle School, practice opening lockers, meet the teachers, Specific times will be sent home later in the summer. The LMS Open House will be on August 15 from 4-5:30 PM.
Band Concert & Recognition Programs on
The following Lakeland programs can be seen on Spectrum channel 189 and Skitter TV channel 60:
- Tuesday, May 28 & June 4, 9 AM, 1 PM, 4 PM, & 8 PM: Lakeland 5th Grade Spring Band Concert, recorded May 14, 2019
- Tuesday, June 11 & 18, 9 AM, 1 PM, 4 PM, & 8 PM: Lakeland 5th Grade Recognition (Coats, Dibert, Harris, & Malcolm), recorded May 20, 2019
- Tuesday, June 11 & 18, 9:35 AM, 1:35 PM, 4:35 PM, & 8:35 PM: Lakeland 5th Grade Recognition (Dally, Hagaman, Hughes, & Pritchard), recorded May 22, 2019
DVDs of these programs for $15 apiece can be ordered by calling 517-279-5910 extension 2152.
- May 28: Band-tastic! First concert for 4th Graders joining band next year - 6:30 PM in the CHS Cafetorium
- May 29: 4th Grade Challenge 5 Pool Party
- May 30: 4th Grade field trip to movies, pool, and Recreation Center, 8:30 AM-2:15 PM
- May 31: Last day for students - dismiss at 11:45 AM
- Week of June 3-7: Final report cards to be mailed out
- August 14: Lakeland Open House, 6-7:30 PM
- August 20: First day of school for the 2019-20 school year!