January 11, 2019
Report cards for the first semester are in today's Friday Folder. Please take some to time to review it with your child and set goals for the third marking period. If you have questions about any of the grades, please contact the teacher. Thank you.
5th Grade Field Trip/Fundraiser
Our 5th Graders are scheduled to go on a field trip to Dearborn on May 16, 2019 to visit the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village.
The cost of the trip is $72 per person, with a payment schedule of:
- $24 due on or before Feb. 1
- $24 due on or before March 1
- $24 due on or before April 12
Our candy bar sale started this week. Students will earn $25 from each box of 50 candy bars that they sell, which will go towards the cost of their trip. All candy bar money is due on or before Friday, January 25.
NO SCHOOL on Monday, Jan. 21
Coldwater Community Schools will be closed on Monday, January 21, as our staff members will be participating in county-wide professional development training. Please plan ahead, so all students are safe.
Lakeland Hungry Howie’s Day
Our next Hungry Howie's Day is Wednesday, Jan. 23. School-wide, we need a minimum of 40 orders to reach our goal and award a class a free pizza party. Be sure to tell them which classroom gets the credit for your order. Does your office/business order out for lunch? Those types of orders count, too. Please help us reach our goal!
The State Health Department has notified us that Norovirus is going around. This is a very contagious gastrointestinal virus that causes nausea, stomach pain, vomiting and diarrhea. If your child is experiencing these symptoms, they should stay home and return to school after they have been symptom-free for 24 hours. Additional information about norovirus can be found at CDC.gov/norovirus.
- Jan. 14: Bible Release class (only for those with signed permission slips on file)
- Jan. 18: Popcorn Day - 25¢/bag
- Jan. 21: NO SCHOOL - Professional Development Day for teachers
- Jan. 23: Lakeland Hungry Howie’s Day
- Jan. 25: End of candy bar sale for 5th Graders; All candy bar money is due today
- Feb. 1: First installment of $24/person is due for the 5th Grade trip
- Mar. 1: Second installment of $24/person is due for the 5th Grade trip
- Mar. 29: Half-day for students - dismiss at 11:45 AM
- April 1-5: NO SCHOOL - Spring Break
- April 12: Final payment of $24/person is due for the 5th Grade trip
- May 16: 5th Grade field trip to Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village (Reminder: All chaperones must have passed the district background check to be able to go on this field trip.)
- May 20: 5th Grade Recognition Night for Mr. Coats, Mr. Dibert, Mrs. Harris, and Miss Malcolm
- May 22: 5th Grade Recognition Night for Mrs. Dally, Mrs. Hagaman, Mrs. Hughes, and Mr. Pritchard