March 6, 2020
March is Reading Month!
Check your calendars to see what fun activities are planned for this SUPER week! Monday is the kickoff for the Read-a-thon. Keep tracking your child’s reading hours so they can collect more Mickey Mouse tickets. Let’s make this a Magical Month of Reading!
LMS Scheduling - 5th Graders
Legg Middle School counselors will be here on March 16 and 17 to begin the scheduling process for next year. 5th Grade students will bring home enrollment packets that week. Please watch for them; complete them with your child, sign, and return them to Lakeland by Wednesday, March 25.
February Students of the Month
- Mrs. AcMoody: Sophia Huntley
- Mrs. Dibert: Gemma McVicker
- Mrs. Emmons: Mariam Alsalahi
- Mrs. Henry: Annamarie Baker
- Mrs. Janas: Khaled Ahmed
- Mrs. Murphy: Madelyn McCullough
- Mr. Phelps: Asra Mohammed
- Mr. Roberts: William Vanover
- Mr. Coats: Riley Reade
- Mrs. Dally: Mariella Corwin
- Mr. Dibert: Mwada Alboraihe
- Mrs. Hagaman: Jazmin Aburto-Ochoa
- Mrs. Harris: Reuben Fronczak
- Mrs. Hughes: Mohamed Manasar
- Mr. Pritchard: Annika Johnson
Science Olympiad Updates
Science Olympiad, Saturday, March 14th
- 8 AM - Starry Starry Night @ Legg Planetarium
- 9 AM - Welcome Kickoff - Bronson HS Gym
- 5th Grade Egg Drop Device check-in Room 101 by 10:30 AM
- 4th/5th Grade Mouse Trap Vehicles check-in Room 101 by 10:30 AM
- 5th Grade Bridge Building Bridges check-in Room 101 by 10:30 AM
- Awards Ceremony 1:30 PM in the gym
Lakeland Music News
It's hard to believe it, but our spring concerts are coming quickly! Students will showcase what they've learned in music this year in Lakeland's gym at the times below. We're looking forward to seeing you there!
4th Grade: Tuesday, April 21
- 10 AM: AcMoody. Henry, Janas, Phelps
- 2 PM: Murphy, Emmons, Dibert, Roberts
5th Grade: Wednesday, April 22
- 10 AM: Hughes, Hagaman, Dally, Pritchard
- 2 PM: Coats, Dibert, Harris
4th Grade Field Trip
Our 4th Graders will be taking a field trip to the Kalamazoo Air Zoo. Please return permission slips as soon as possible. The schedule for the trip is as follows:
March 25: Mrs. AcMoody's, Mrs. Henry's, Mrs. Janas's, & Mr. Phelps's classrooms.
March 26: Mrs. Dibert's, Mrs. Emmons's, Mrs. Murphy's, & Mr. Roberts's classrooms.
Teacher Request Forms
Parent teacher request forms for the 2020-2021 school year will be available in the office from March 6 to March 27. Parents must pick up forms in the office and absolutely no requests will be accepted after the 27th. We believe strongly in involving parents in the education of their child, and are happy to accept requests. However, please know that teacher requests are not a guarantee your child will be placed in a certain room. Creating balanced classes that allow all children to learn is our priority. Also, please know that staffing (teacher teaching a certain grade level) can change before school begins in the fall.
- Mar. 8: Daylight Saving Time begins - SPRING FORWARD - move your clocks ahead one hour
- Mar. 9: Last 5th Grade Science Olympiad Practice
- Mar. 11: Last 4th Grade Science Olympiad Practice
- Mar. 13: End of Third Marking Period; Readers are Leaders book distribution
- Mar. 14: Science Olympiad at Bronson Junior/Senior HS, 9 AM
- Mar. 18: Hungry Howie's Night
- Mar. 18 & 19: 5th Grade Vision Screenings
- Mar. 20: Report cards sent home; Popcorn Friday
- Mar. 25: LMS Enrollment Forms due
- Mar. 25 & 26: 4th Grade trip to Air Zoo
- Mar. 30: Bible Release Class - LAST ONE of the year
- April 3: HALF-DAY of Classes - Dismiss at 11:45 AM - Spring Break Begins
- April 6-10: NO SCHOOL - Spring Break; No Girls on the Run Practices