May 17, 2019
No School on Monday, May 27th
There are no classes on Monday, May 27th as we observe the Memorial Day holiday. Let us remember those who have served and are serving to ensure our freedoms! Enjoy this special weekend!
4th Graders - Outdoor Science Day
Monday, May 20 is our Outdoor Science Day for all 4th Graders. Students will need to wear long pants and long sleeves and bring sunscreen and bug spray. Hats are also a good idea. If we are rained out, we will reschedule for the next day - Tuesday, May 21.
4th Grade Challenge 5 Pool Party - May 23
4th graders that have met the Challenge 5 requirements for the year and returned a signed permission slip will be rewarded with a pool party on Thursday, May 23, from 9:10-11:15 AM.
BandTastic! Concert - May 28
Current 4th Graders that have signed up for 5th Grade Band will have their first band concert on Tuesday, May 28 at 6:30 PM at Coldwater High School.
4th Grade End-of-Year Field Trip
All 4th Graders will be going to the movie theater, pool and Recreation Center on Thursday, May 30. The cost is $10 per child. They will see a movie, have pop and popcorn; and then have time at the pool and recreation center. Students will need a swim suit, towel, and plastic bag for their wet items after swimming. Students will also need to bring a sack lunch (you may also order one from the cafeteria). Field trip money ($10 per student) is due by Friday, May 24; checks should be made payable to Lakeland School.
5th Grade Classes to Visit Legg Middle School
Our 5th Graders will have the opportunity to visit Legg Middle School next month. They will get a tour of the pool, the middle school building and will get to eat lunch at LMS that day. Please note that this is for students only; parents will have the opportunity to tour the school with their child later in the summer. The remaining visits are scheduled as follows:
- May 21: Harris and Mr. Coats
- May 23: Dibert and Miss Malcolm
They will be gone from 11:20 AM-2:10 PM
5th Grade Challenge 5 Pool Party - May 22
5th Graders that have met the Challenge 5 requirements for the year and returned a signed permission slip will be rewarded with a pool party on Wednesday, May 22, from 9:10-11:15 AM.
5th Grade Recognition Nights
Mark your calendars, and invite your family and friends to our 5th Grade Recognition Programs at 6 PM at Legg Middle School!
- Monday, May 20: Dibert, Mrs. Harris, Mr. Coats, and Ms. Malcolm's classes
- Wednesday, May 22: Mrs. Dally, Mrs. Hagaman, Mrs. Hughes, and Mr. Pritchard's classes
All 5th Graders will be honored. Please join us as we celebrate your children!
Transition to 6th Grade Program – August 12
Mark your calendars for August 12, 2019. Students going in to 6th Grade in the fall will have the opportunity to tour Legg Middle School, practice opening lockers, meet the teachers, and much more! Specific times will be sent home later in the summer. The LMS Open House will be on Thursday, August 15 from 4-5:30 PM.
Thank You to our Volunteers!
As the year winds down, we need to acknowledge and thank those that have volunteered in some way throughout the year. We are so appreciative of the gifts of your time, such as popping popcorn, reading with students, helping with book fairs, etc.; your participation in various fundraisers; your donations to the classrooms, water fund, Readers are Leaders, and library; and your support of Lakeland students and staff by attending and chaperoning our various school events and field trips.
Special thanks to the active members of the Coldwater Elementary Boosters and Officers, for all of the time you spend organizing and running events for our students. We are very grateful for you.
We also extend a special thank you to Shana Grife, for spearheading, organizing and running our new Readers are Leaders Program.
We are fortunate to have so many wonderful volunteers - too many to name them all, but please know that you are very much appreciated! Lakeland is very lucky, and we are thankful for YOU!
End of Year Reminders:
If your child will be attending a school other than Lakeland or LMS next year, please let us know in the office, so we may plan appropriately for next year's classes.
If your child has medication at school, please make plans to pick it up before the end of the year. An adult must pick it up from the office. Any medications not picked up before noon on May 31st will be disposed of.
Any items left in our Lost and Found will be donated to charity on May 31st .
Please make sure we have your current address on file, as final report cards will be mailed out the week of June 3-7. If there are two households that should receive a report card, we need both addresses.
Girls Basketball Camp
Lady Cardinal Basketball Camp - June 10-13, 9-11:30 AM for 1st-8th Graders. Cost: $40 per camper ($25 for each additional family member). Checks payable to Coldwater Girls Basketball. Camps will be held at Coldwater High School. Send completed forms and checks to:
Coldwater High School
Attn: Ken Smoker
275 N. Fremont St.
Coldwater, MI 49036
You may also register at the door.
- May 20: 4th Grade Outdoor Science Day
- May 20: 5th Grade Recognition Night for Mr. Coats, Mr. Dibert, Mrs. Harris, and Miss Malcolm, 6 PM at LMS
- May 21: Mr. Coats and Mrs. Harris's classes visit LMS, 11:20 AM-2:10 PM; rain date for 4th Grade Outdoor Science Day
- May 22: 5th Grade Challenge 5 Pool Party, 9:10-11:15 AM
- May 22: 5th Grade Recognition Night for Mrs. Dally, Mrs. Hagaman, Mrs. Hughes, and Mr. Pritchard, 6 PM at LMS
- May 23: 4th Grade Challenge 5 Pool Party, 9:10-11:15 AM
- May 23: Mr. Dibert and Ms. Malcolm's classes visit LMS, 11:20 AM-2:10 PM
- May 24: Last Popcorn Day of the year! 4th Grade field trip money due ($10)
- May 27: NO SCHOOL - Memorial Day
- May 28: Band-tastic! First concert for 4th Graders joining band next year - 6:30 PM in the CHS Cafetorium
- May 30: 4th Grade field trip to movies, pool, and Recreation Center, 8:30 AM-2:15 PM
- May 31: Last day for students - dismiss at 11:45 AM. All medication must be picked up by noon today. Any medication left at school will be disposed of.
- June 4-7: Final report cards to be mailed out
- August 14: Lakeland Open House, 6-7:30 PM
- August 20: First day of school for the 2019-20 school year!