March 22, 2019
March is Reading Month
Our theme this year is "March Madness." Our last dress up day for the month is Tuesday, March 26 - wear mismatched clothes.
Report cards are in today's Friday Folder. Please take the time to review your child-s report card with him/her and set goals for a strong finish to the school year.
All classes will be going to the Tibbits Opera House on Wednesday, April 10 to see Campfire Stories from the New World. (Please see the note in today's Friday Folder). The cost of the show is $2 per child; please send that in by Friday, March 29. If this poses a financial hardship for you, please indicate that on the form and we will get a scholarship to cover the cost for your child. Likewise, if you would like to send in more than $2, with the extra being earmarked for scholarships, please write that on the note as well.
Branch County Deputy Sheriff's Association Game
The Annual Detroit Lions vs. Branch County All-Stars basketball game is set for Wednesday, April 10. Game time is 7 PM at Coldwater High School. Family tickets are being donated to every 5th Grader; these tickets allow the student and their entire family into the game for FREE! Tickets are donated by the Branch County Deputy Sheriff's Association. Tickets will also be sold at the door. This game will feature our local deputies and past football stars from the Detroit Lions. Free autograph sessions will be held at halftime. For more information, please call 1-800-445-2143 or go to email@example.com
Camp Invention: A Hands-On STEM Camp
Who: Children entering grades K-6
When: June 17-21 from 9 AM-3:30 PM
Where: Branch Area Careers Center
Price: $230 ($110 for the first 50 kids registered)
To register, please call 800-968-4332
Director: Mellissa Connin - firstname.lastname@example.org
Teacher Request Forms for 2019-20
Parents: Teacher request forms for the 2019-20 school year will be available in the office from March 8-29.
- Parents must pick up forms in the office and absolutely no requests will be accepted after the 29th.
- We believe strongly in involving parents in the education of their child and are happy to accept requests. However, please know that teacher requests are not a guarantee that your child will be placed in a certain room. Creating balanced classes that allow all children to learn is our priority.
- Also, please understand that staffing (teacher teaching a certain grade level) can change before school begins in the fall.
Girls on the Run
Girls on the Run will not meet over Spring Break (April 1-5, 2019).
Art Show and Music Concerts
Our music classes will be performing for parents on May 8 and 9 at Lakeland - see the schedule below.
4th Grade - Wednesday, May 8
- 10 AM: Phelps, Blue, AcMoody
- 2 PM: Murphy, Emmons, Dibert, Roberts
5th Grade - Thursday, May 9
- 10 AM: Hughes, Hagaman, Dally, Pritchard
- 2 PM: Malcolm, Harris, Dibert, Coats
Our art teacher will have students' artwork on display in the gym and the lobby for parents to see for 30 minutes before and after each music concert.
Enjoy Your Spring Break
We will dismiss at 11:45 AM next Friday, March 29; our building will close at noon. Please make plans now, so all students are safe. There will be NO SCHOOL April 1-5. We wish you a relaxing, healthy and safe Spring Break!
- Mar. 8-29: Teacher Request forms available in our office
- Mar. 26: Mrs. AcMoody, Ms. Blue, and Mr. Phelps to Air Zoo, 8:30 AM-3 PM
- Mar. 27: Middle School enrollment forms due
- Mar. 27: Mrs. Dibert, Mrs. Emmons, Mrs. Murphy, and Mr. Roberts to Air Zoo, 8:30 AM-3 PM
- Mar. 29: Half-day for students - dismiss at 11:45 AM. $2 due for April Tibbits trip - all kids. Last day to turn in teacher request forms for next school year - absolutely NO LATE FORMS ACCEPTED
- April 1-5: NO SCHOOL - Spring Break
- April 8: Last Bible Release class for the year
- April 10: All classes go to Tibbits - 4th Grade in the AM and 5th Grade in the PM
- April 12: Final payment of $24/person is due for the 5th Grade trip. Background forms for chaperones are due today as well.
- April 16 & 17: 5th Grade M-STEP testing
- April 19: NO SCHOOL - Good Friday
- April 23 & 24: 5th Grade M-STEP Testing
- April 29-May 1: Vision screening for 5th Graders
- May 2 & 9: 4th Grade M-STEP testing
- May 14: Mrs. Dally and Ms. Hagaman's classes visit LMS
- May 15: Mrs. Hughes and Mr. Pritchard's classes visit LMS
- May 16: 5th Grade field trip to The Henry Ford (Greenfield Village and Henry Ford Museum)
- May 20: 4th Grade Outdoor Science Day
- May 20: 5th Grade Recognition Night for Mr. Coats, Mr. Dibert, Mrs. Harris, and Miss Malcolm, 6 PM at LMS
- May 21: Mr. Coats and Mrs. Harris's classes visit LMS; rain date for 4th Grade Outdoor Science Day
- May 22: 5th Grade Recognition Night for Mrs. Dally, Mrs. Hagaman, Mrs. Hughes, and Mr. Pritchard, 6 PM at LMS
- May 23: Mr. Dibert and Ms. Malcolm's classes visit LMS
- May 27: NO SCHOOL - Memorial Day
- May 31: Last day for students - dismiss at 11:45 AM.