Wednesday, November 20, 2019
Tomorrow morning, ALL CHS students will be reporting to grade level rooms to go over your State Assessment score sheets from your testing last spring. You will get your scores back, create goals for your testing this year, and also take your reports to your English classes tomorrow to create online learning accounts. Please see the posted rooms listed by your last names and grade levels in the hallways and your classrooms.
Thank you to everyone who helped the Young Republicans Club raise money for the Wounded Warrior project. With the help of all of you and the percentage of sales from JT's, we raised $1,062.00!
We will have meetings today with all Seniors in regards to your scholarship application processes and timelines. If you attend the BACC in the morning, your session will be at the BACC. All other seniors will attend during focus hour today. Please report to the cafeteria after attendance in Focus Hour.
Turkey Grams will be sold all week before school and during all three lunches. For only 50¢, you can send a short note and a yummy caramel apple sucker to a friend or CHS staff member and a friendly life-sized turkey will personally deliver it to them the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. Show some kindness and bring in some money to send a Turkey Gram this week.
Snowball tickets continue to be available in the main lobby before school or from Mrs. DeMeester in Rm. 102 for $15.
Seniors: If you placed an order last Friday with Jostens and you overpaid, they will issue you a refund once your order is processed.
The Interact Club would like to thank everyone for your participation in the annual Food Drive! We are so excited to have collected so much food. Because of your generosity, we have decided to award all of our classes that accumulated at least 1,000 points. Mr. Stevens's class earns the pizza party with 4,405 points. The other classes that reached 1,000 points and will receive donuts are: Mrs. Heaton, Ms. Langer, Mrs. Milligan, Ms. Papineau, and Mrs. Schwind. Thank you!
Those interested in submitting a colorful, original design to be painted on a wall downtown through the Interact club can submit entries to the CHS Interact Club and Mrs. Langer in Rn. 202 by December 1st.
Don't forget to bring books and art supplies into your 5th Hour classes this week for a chance to win a donut or pizza party next week! The drive ends on Friday, so search your homes for books or supplies that you don't need any more and donate them to the Branch County Library project.
- The Library will not accept: Markers, Torn Books, Obscene Books, or Broken Colored Pencils.
- The Library will accept: Good Crayons, Watercolor Paints (crayola), Construction Paper, Other Art Supplies, and any well conditioned books, particularly Children’s Books
The Annual Holiday Craft Show is here at CHS this Saturday from 9 AM-3 PM. Come to the school on Saturday and perhaps you will find something you like or something that you can give as a gift to someone else this season.
YEP members: Remember there is a meeting after school in Mr. Hostetler's room.
There will be a Quiz Bowl meeting tomorrow after school in Rm. 122.
We will have a spirit walk tomorrow afternoon to help send off Leah Goodwin and Jillian McKinley, who both will be competing in the MHSAA Division 3 Lower Peninsula Swim and Dive Finals this Friday and Saturday at Oakland University.
The Marines will be here during lunches in the Guidance Office on November 26th to meet with interested students.
Students interested in taking drivers education:
- Coach B's Driving School has posted the 2019-20 class calendar online at coachbsdrivingschool.com. Class calendars are in Mr. Stevens's room as well.
- Blair's School of Driving is now forming driver's education classes for November and January. Both Segment 1 and 2. Classes will be held at United Way in Coldwater. Those who are interested should go to our website to register: www.blairsschoolofdriving.com. Please be advised, classes fill quickly.
- Friday, November 22
- Varsity GIrls Swimming - MHSAA Division 3 Lower Peninsula Prelims, 10 AM at Oakland University Aquatic Center (Good luck to Jillian McKinley and Leah Goodwin!)
- Saturday, November 23
- Varsity GIrls Swimming - MHSAA Division 3 Lower Peninsula Finals, 10 AM at Oakland University Aquatic Center
- Friday, November 22, 9 AM, 1 PM, 4 PM, & 8 PM: 2019 Coldwater Marching Band Invitational, recorded September 30, 2019
- Friday, November 22, 10:10 AM, 2:10 PM, 5:10 PM, & 9:10 PM: CHS Cardinal Marching Band Festival Performance, recorded October 9, 2019 at Vicksburg High School
- Friday, November 22, 10:25 AM, 2:25 PM, 5:25 PM, & 9:25 PM: CHS Band-O-Rama!, recorded October 30, 2019
CCStv, the Coldwater Community Schools access channel, can be seen on Spectrum channel 189 and CBPU SkitterTV channel 60. DVD copies for $15 each can be ordered by calling the CCStv office at 517-279-5910 extension 2152.