Friday, March 13, 2020
Happy Birthday today to Mohamed Aljably, Brooklyn Kerry, Mohamed Mosad, Cameron Torres, and Noah Valle!
As you all know, school will be closed for the next 3 weeks. Your teachers will be talking to you today to let you know what they would like you to work on. You will need to take home all your school materials, lunch boxes, and sports equipment. Let's look at this like we are getting ready for Christmas break. You will not be able to get back into the school, so make sure you have EVERYTHING you need.
All spring sports practices and contests have been suspended until further notice.
We will be finishing all WIDA testing today. so students may be called out of class.
The following BACC programs have a special enrollment registration form and the required attendance of a student/parent meeting. The applications are due by April 17th and can be found on the BACC website. Paper copies are also available in the Guidance Office. If you are interested in any of these programs, please speak to your counselor. The programs that require the application are:
- Computer Networking & Cyber-Security
- Criminal Justice/Law Enforcement
- Educational Professionals
- EMT Basic
- Health Science Fundamentals
- Health Science Fundamentals Hybrid
There is a new opportunity starting next year at the BACC for students to enroll in the Hillsdale Beauty College program. This program requires 1,500 hours of coursework, so it has been created as a 2-year program like many of the BACC offerings. Because of the time requirements, the program is meant for a current 10th Grade student with a career plan of working in the beauty industry. Please speak to your counselor about this program if you are interested to see if it might be right for you.
10th Graders, remember your Early College applications are due today.
Students who ordered AP Exams will need to make a full payment by Thursday, April 30. Any questions or concerns, please see Ms. Youssef.
It's that time of year again...time to get ready for the annual CHS Variety Show which will take place the week before spring break. Auditions are set for Wednesday, March 18th immediately after school in the cafeteria. Please stop by Ms. Kiss's room (Rm. 142) to sign up for an audition spot today. All singers, dancers, and entertainments are invited. Let's show off how Coldwater High School's Got Talent!
Seniors: Today is the deadline to sign up for the Senior Trip. We only have a few spots left, so sign up soon!
Seniors: Graduation materials that you ordered will be delivered to CHS on Friday, April 17th. Caps and gowns will be delivered later in May.
The following scholarship applications/information are now available in the Guidance Office:
- Fraternal Order of the Eagles application - DUE April 1, 2020 to The Eagles, 331 Butters Avenue, Coldwater
- Michiana Two-Cylinder Club application - DUE March 31 to address on the application
- Honor Credit Union Scholarship information - DUE March 15, 2020 online submission
- Marshall Community Foundation Scholarships (various)
- Kellogg Community College Foundation Scholarships (various)
- TIP Grant Information, available to those participating in Medicaid for at least 2 consecutive years anytime from 3rd -12th grade (see Mrs. Krzyzanski for eligibility)
- Michigan Retailers Association Scholarship information - DUE April 1, 2020 online submission
The following scholarships are now available through ProMedica Coldwater Regional Hospital:
- Nat Cohen Memorial Scholarship – Open to High School students
- Marina Dutcher Memorial Nursing Scholarship – Must be accepted into an RN program
- Joe and Irene Weight Memorial Nursing Scholarship – Must be accepted into an RN program
All are due March 31, 2020. Completed and signed applications can be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
ProMedica Coldwater Regional Hospital Volunteers are pleased to announce the availability of three $1000 scholarships for current seniors and alumni students pursuing careers in health care. Copies of the application can be found in the Guidance Office and were emailed to all seniors electronically. Applications are due to the Volunteer Office no later than 4 PM on March 30, 2020. If you have any questions, please call 517-279-5448.
Students interested in taking drivers education:
- Coach B's Driving School is offering both classes at the BACC. These classes are filling up fast, so you need to go to Coach B's website and sign up now. Segment One price is $285, Segment Two price is $30. You can stop in Mr. Stevens's room for a schedule or check Coach B's website for a class schedule.
- Blair's School of Driving is now forming Segment 1 & 2 classes. Those interested should visit www.blairsschoolofdriving.com.