The Coldwater High School Early College Program is a unique educational opportunity that will provide you with the opportunity to graduate with a high school diploma, transferable college credits, a technical certificate, or any combination of these. The Coldwater High School Early College Program is designed as another option for students to earn college credits in high school and prepare students for postsecondary study and/or employment.
10th Grade students apply to gain acceptance in the program. Students in the Early College Program will commit to completing a 13th year of coursework by attending KCC classes designed to meet their educational and career goals for a full-year and at the same time, complete the final requirements for earning their CHS high school diploma.
The program can help meet the needs of students who are interested in starting their college career at KCC. The financial benefit to the students and their families is that almost all of the fees for the classes in the first year at KCC will be supported by funding from CHS.
Basic Process of Application: These are available in the Guidance Office.
- Students complete the application process - Due to Mr. Milnes by Friday, March 2nd
- We will have a parent presentation on Tuesday, February 27th at 5:30 PM in the CHS Library.
- Students will then take and must earn a KCC qualifying score on the Accuplacer College Readiness assessment at CHS - Monday, March 12th at 10 AM in Rm. 136
- Based on their scores and applications, students (and parents) will be invited to a short final interview to determine a students' acceptance into the program. These interviews will most likely be scheduled before Spring Break between March 19-23.
- CHS will host a KCC Orientation Meeting for students on Monday, April 30th at 10 AM at CHS.
- After acceptance into the program, students will determine if they will take their fall dual enrollment course in a classroom at KCC or online. This typically depends on the amount and timing of other activities a student might be involved in.
- Students will complete the KCC College Application process at CHS in May and then will enroll for their fall KCC class at the KCC Grahl Center Campus here in Coldwater on Monday, June 4th at 6 PM.
- The fall class at KCC will start on Wednesday, September 5, 2018. CHS Start date is Tuesday, August 21.
Parent Informational Meeting
Tuesday, February 27th at 5:30 PM in the CHS Library
If you have any questions about whether or not the Coldwater High School Early College Program is a great fit for your educational and career plans, please speak with your parents and your counselor.