The Coldwater Community Schools Transportation Department strives to keep your children save while transporting them to and from school.
Transportation Supervisor: Holli MuckelAddress: 180 Green St., Coldwater, MI 49036Phone: 517-279-5950Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgFax: 517-278-6289
BUSING PLANS FOR CITY STUDENTS - SECONDARY STUDENTS
- School district policies indicate that transportation will be extended to students who live more than one and one-half miles from the school they attend.Therefore, transportation will be provided for students who live this distance from the high school and middle school.
- Middle school and high school students living less than one and one-half miles from the school they attend will not be bused to or from school. However, they may walk to an established bus stop.
- City bus stops FOR SECONDARY STUDENTS:
- Jefferson School (front parking lot)
- The corner of Garfield Avenue and Tall Grass Trailer Park-Tall Grass West Trailer Park
- The corner of S. Jefferson Street and Park Avenue
- Grahl Center (parking lot)
- Whispering Pines (south drive near the railroad tracks on Sauk River Drive)
- Monroe Street/Peckham Street (A.M. only)
- Fremont Street School Building (A.M. only)
ELEMENTARY LEVEL CITY BUSING PLANS - YOUNG FIVES-FIFTH GRADE
City pickup times for Young Fives through Third Grade will vary between 7:20-8:15 AM. Bus stop changes may occur after school starts. Pickup times for Fourth and Fifth Grade students will vary based on the bus route.
All elementary students who live within 1 mile of MAX LARSEN ELEMENTARY will walk to Max Larsen Elementary. If the student attends Jefferson, or Lakeland, the student will be transported from Max Larsen School to the assigned school. Exception: Students living east of Marshall Street will have a bus stop at the southeast corner of Abbott Avenue and Hudson Street.
All elementary students who live within 1 mile of LINCOLN LEARNING CENTER will walk to Lincoln. If the student attends Larsen, Jefferson, or Lakeland, the student will be transported from Lincoln to the assigned school. Exception: Students living north of the railroad tracks will be transported from E. Washington Street between S. Hudson Street and Elm Street, and on Pearl Street between S. Jefferson Street and Sprague Street.
All elementary students who live within 1 mile of JEFFERSON ELEMENTARY will walk to Jefferson Elementary. If the student attends Larsen or Lakeland, the student will be transported from Jefferson School to the assigned school.
All elementary students who live in the fourth ward will be transported from the following designated stops; S. Polk Street, Monroe Street between Peckham Street and Park Ave, Jackson Street between Peckham Street and Pearl Street, and at the driveway of Old Mill Race Apartments.
In order to have minimal ride time, a transfer station may be used as necessary.
Bus drivers will make phone calls to potential bus riders to verify information beginning August 3-15, 2018. Bus drivers will also be available during each school's scheduled Open House. For more information regarding school transportation, please call 517-279-5950.