Swim Lessons, Summer 2019
Introduces parents and child to water. Parents will safely work with their child in the water, learning to support and hold their child in the water and encourage their child to participate in new skills. All non-potty-trained children will be required to wear a tight-fitting swim diaper.
Participants who have had very little or no swim instruction. The participant cannot put face in the water or paddle, lie on back, or jump in without assistance.
The participant must be able to comfortably put their face in the water and blow bubbles, jump in without assistance, paddle on the front, and float on back (with ears in water). Class will introduce aquatic locomotion skills, simultaneous and alternating arm/leg action on front and back, and to continue to advance and build on the basic skills that the child will continue to build on as they progress to next level.
This is an intermediate-advanced level class. The goal of class is to develop participants’ confidence in the strokes learned thus far and to improve other aquatic skills. Focus will be on increasing endurance by swimming familiar strokes (front crawl, elementary backstroke), and adding sidestroke, back crawl, breaststroke, butterfly, and basics of turning at the wall.
4-Class Sessions (Saturday mornings only) beginning June 8 or July 13:
- Members: $20
- Non-Members: $28
4-Class Option Saturday Level 1 (at Main Pool) 9:30-10:20 AM Parent/Child (at Therapy Pool) 10:30-11 AM Level 2 (at Main Pool) 11:10-11:50 AM Level 3 (at Main Pool) 12-1 PM
8-Class Sessions (Monday through Thursday) beginning June 3, June 17, July 8, or July 22:
- Members: $40
- Non-Members: $56
- Parent/Child is not offered as an 8-class option.
8-Class Option Mon-Thurs Level 1 (at Main Pool) 9:30-10:20 AM Level 2 (at Main Pool) 10:30-11:10 AM Level 3 (at Main Pool) 11:15 AM-12:15 PM
There are no makeup days for missed classes or prorated fees for late comers. Low enrollment may result in cancellation of session.
Other Available Classes
- NEW American Red Cross Lifeguard Class: August 5-9. Atendance required for all class dates. MUST BE 15 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. $75 due on first day of class + $35 online Red Cross registration. Recertification for current lifeguards: $35 due on first day + $35 online Red Cross registration. Details in this flyer.
- Private Swim Lessons: Children or Adult. Member: $25/30-minute session, Non-Member: $35/30-minute Session. Call the front desk to schedule an appointment. Punch pass for four 30-minute sessions - Member: $75, Non-Member: $105
- Semi-Private Swim Lessons: 2-3 swimmers. Member: $30/30-minute session, Non-Member: $40/30-minute Session. Call the front desk to schedule an appointment. Punch pass for four 30-minute lessons - Member: $90, Non-Member: $120
- Water Aerobics: Join Us Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 9 AM and Tuesdays and Thursdays at 5:30 PM. $5/class for members, $8/class for non-members.
Registration for classes grants non-exclusive permission and authorization to Coldwater Community Schools (CCS) and Browne Aquatic Center (BAC) to use photographs in all media, including website, in any and all forms, without compensation or any limitation whatsoever. By registering for classes, you hereby acknowledge and recognize that photographs may be taken in and outside of the pool.
Dr. Robert W. Browne Aquatic Center250 Western Ave., Coldwater, MI 49036Phone: 517-279-5920Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Dr. Robert W. Browne Aquatic Center is owned by the City of Coldwater and operated by Coldwater Community Schools.