Pool Reopening Plans
The staff of the Dr. Robert W. Browne Aquatic Center is excited to start welcoming back our members on Tuesday, Sept. 15th at 7 AM. At that time we will be open for reserved adult member lap swimming ONLY. As Governor Whitmer encouraged an incremental reopening plan in her executive order reopening fitness facilities, we will be following that advice. As things continue to progress in an acceptable manner, we will add in additional options and activities.
Member visit procedure:
- Members must make reservations in advance. You may do so by calling 517-279-5920 during normal business hours. Reservations are 1 per day up to 1 week in advance.
- Masks must be worn at all times when not physically in the water. We encourage you to bring a container to place on the end of your lane to keep your mask clean and dry.
- Screening and temperatures checks will be done at each visit. You will be asked to present an ID.
- Members must arrive and depart in suit. There will be no access to locker rooms in this initial reopening. An on-deck restroom will be available but changing is prohibited on site. Personal items may be left in your car or placed on the bench in the main pool area.
- Members will not be allowed in until their reserved time. Members must be out of the building by the end of their reservation block.
- Lane reservations may be shared by those with a family membership. At this time only members 18 years or older may be in the facility unless accompanied by a guardian in the water that is on the SAME family membership 18 years or older.
- Only swimming members will be allowed in the building. Non-swimmers will need to remain in their vehicles.
Items of note:
- The therapy pool is closed at this time.
- Punch Passes & Burnside key tags are not memberships. These will be added back in future phases.
- All memberships are frozen and will remain so until the day of a member's actual first reserved visit. Memberships can be refrozen at any time, but the minimum length of freezing will be 3 weeks.
- Lockers and locker rooms are off limits. If you need to retrieve items from your locker, please contact the pool for a scheduled time to do so.
- Water aerobics, lessons, and all other classes are currently on hold until future phases.
- If you are not currently a member, please call the pool during business hours to join.
We understand that this is a very different schedule of operation than normal. Our hope is that by following the most stringent rules, we will be able to progress forward through multiple phases to a point of more normal operations. We encourage patience and understanding as we navigate this process.