Pool Operations Update #2
Our first few weeks of opening have gone well. We are excited to announce we will now be offering access to the family locker rooms for changing starting on Monday, October 5. At that time we will still be open for reserved adult member lap swimming ONLY. As Governor Whitmer encouraged an incremental reopening plan in her executive order reopening fitness facilities, we will be following that advice. As things continue to progress in an acceptable manner we will add in additional options and activities.
Member visit procedure:
- Members must still make reservations in advance. You may do so by calling 517-279-5920 Monday- Friday 7 AM-3 PM. Reservations are 1 per day up to 1 week in advance. Same day appointments may be made but we encourage calling 24 hours in advance if possible.
- Masks must be worn at all times when not physically in the water. We encourage you to bring a container to place on the end of your lane to keep your mask clean and dry.
- Screening and temperatures checks will be done at each visit. You will be asked to present an ID.
- Beginning October 5, members may change in one of the three Family Locker rooms. As we are still booking time blocks, we encourage you if possible to still arrive in suit to allow for more time in the water. Lockers are still not accessible. Please continue to place items on the bench along the pool deck
- Members will not be allowed in until their reserved time. Members must be out of the building by the end of their reservation block.
- Lane reservations may be shared by those with a family membership. At this time only members 18 years or older may be in the facility unless unaccompanied by a guardian in the water that is on the SAME family membership 18 years or older.
- Only swimming members will be allowed in the building. Non-swimmers will need to remain in their vehicles.
Items of note:
- The therapy pool is closed at this time.
- Punch Passes & Burnside key tags are not memberships. These will be added back in future phases.
- All memberships are frozen and will remain so until the day of a members actual 1st reserved visit. Memberships can be refrozen at any time but the minimum length of freezing will be 3 weeks.
- Water aerobics, lessons, and all other classes are currently on hold till future phases.
- If you are not currently a member please call the pool during business hours to join.
We understand that this is still a very different schedule of operation than normal. Things have gone well in our 1st phase of opening and we hope that continues in this phase to keep moving towards a more normal operating schedule. We encourage patience and understanding as we navigate this process.