FREE Meals for All Students Until 12/31/2020
USDA Waiver allows FREE Meals for All Students until December 31, 2020 or until available Federal funding runs out.
On Monday, August 31, 2020 the USDA extended nationwide waivers that allow child nutrition programs to provide free breakfasts and lunches for all students until December 31, 2020 or until available Federal funding runs out.
We are excited to begin offering this program on the first day of school, Tuesday, September 8th. See below for more important details:
- Free breakfast and lunch for all Coldwater Community Schools (CCS) students, whether attending school in person or virtually, is already in place for the school year to feed our enrolled school age students
- Free curbside meals will be available to all children 18 and under until December 16, 2020 or until available Federal funding runs out
- The waivers are set to end on December 31, 2020 or sooner if the available Federal funding runs out
- This waiver could run out without prior notice and we will switch back to the School Lunch and Breakfast Program and only be able to feed our enrolled school age students at CCS. At that time you will need to start bringing your household list through the curbside pick-up line
- Ala Carte items chosen by the student, beyond the allowable free "meal", will still need to be purchased when we are allowed to start offering ala carte
- Parents/Guardians must complete a household income survey in their Skyward Parent Access account in preparation for when the waiver ends
- Parents/Guardians are encouraged to make funds available on their child's lunch account for when ala carte sales begin, we prefer that you use the on-line payment method through Skyward Parent Access
- Curbside meals can be picked up weekly at Legg Middle School every Wednesday from 1:30-3:30 PM in the parent parking lot between the Middle School building and the Aquatic Center
- Our last curbside pickup day in December will be Wednesday, December 16, 2020
If you have any questions, please email Tamara Santora at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tamara Santora, Director of Dining Services